Which psoriasis treatment is right for you?
You will need to work out your treatment plan with your doctor. Understand what treatment options are available, how long you will need to wait to see results, and when to move on to another option if the desired outcome is not achieved. Over time, as your general health and the severity of your psoriasis changes, you may need to review your options.
Finding the optimal treatment for your condition is complex so you need to exercise patience. The choice of treatment option depends on a variety of factors:
- Type and severity of your psoriasis
- How the treatment fits with your lifestyle or schedule
- Balancing the risks and benefits of the treatment
- Your age and general health
- Allergies and other medications you are taking
- Your preferences
- Whether you are pregnant or wish to become pregnant